Laurel is an ingredient which is commonly found in a lot of households. But not many people are aware that its leaves can be extremely beneficial and can be used for preparing some medicinal oil which has the ability to boost health in many different ways.
Some of the benefits that the leaves of laurel have are:
- Boosting the immunity;
- Cleansing the colon;
- Calm the nervous system;
- It stimulates sweating;
- Enhancing the mental activity;
- Soothing joint pain and treating varicose veins.
Here, we are going to explain you how to prepare the laurel leaves oil.
- 30 grams of bay leaves;
- 250ml of olive oil.
First of all, mash the leaves and then pour the olive oil over them. Then, transfer the mixture into a glass bottle and close it well. After that, store it in a cool, dark place for 2 weeks period and shake the bottle occasionally during that time.
After two weeks, use cheesecloth in order to strain the oil, and pour it into a suitable container. Also, keep it in a cold place.
You can use this oil for massaging painful joints. All you need to do is heat it on steam and rub the sore areas. Some other uses of the oil are:
- Soothing severe headaches, so you should massage the temples with it;
- Stimulating appetite and soothing stomach pain, as well as issues with the intestines;
- When it is used as lotion, this kind of oil can treat acne and pimples, as well as various skin conditions.
The laurel leaves oil can also alleviate earaches, as well as migraine. You can also use it for lowering body temperature, instead of using aspirin. Furthermore, it can normalize the hepatic and renal function.