Walking is actually one of the easiest, but still an effective exercise. It is going to help you in improving your health and tone your muscles while you are losing weight.
But, there are only a few people who are aware that walking can actually help them to lose some extra pounds or more weekly. It is possible to lose even about 20 pounds in five months, without maintaining a specific diet regimen or some other type of workout.
Walking is helpful in health improvement, as well as tone muscles of a person while he/she is losing weight.
Still, there are some important principles of walking which you should know, in order to lose some weight in this way.
First of all, there are two factors which determine the number of calories that are burnt during walking. Those factors are the walking place and the weight of your body. For example, if a person walks with an average speed of 4 miles per hour, he/she can burn for about 400 calories for period of one hour. And 3 miles more will also help you to lose some additional 300 calories.
One of the solutions to obtain remarkable results is to make yourself a daily plan and use a pedometer, in order to help you while you are walking. The pedometer, which is also known as wristband, serves for monitoring the daily exercises. It will also increase the chances to achieve the desired effects. You should wear the pedometer near your hips, as it is not heavy. It will count the steps that you have made during the whole day.
In such ways, you can know exactly how many more steps you will need in order to lose weight. Therefore, if you make 7,000 steps daily and you still do not lose weight, you can solve this issue mathematically and find out how to add the mileage as per a number of calories that you should burn.
A lot of people should actually make 2.000 steps in a mile, in order to burn calories and often 100 are burnt in a mile. The pedometer will count the steps that you make and in that way you will determine how many calories are burnt, as well as how much more are needed actually.
Here is an explanation of this in the lines below:
- 1 mile equals to 2.000 steps and 100 calories burned;
- 1 pound – 3.500 calories;
- Losing 1 pound of weight a week = for about 500 calories a day;
- 2000 steps daily will help you in losing 1 pound in a week.
But, you should remember that you can start slowly and then increase the number of steps.
Here we have some tips which will help you in reaching the needed 2,000:
- You should not use a taxi or bus, but just walk;
- You can also walk with your children when taking them to school;
- Also, park the car far away from the place that you are heading;
- You may also walk to your workplace or to your home, or maybe get off the bus on the halfway;
- You should avoid the use of elevator. Use the stairs more often;
- There are some pedometers which actually tell the number of pounds that a person has lost, as well as the number of burnt calories which can stimulate you additionally. Make sure you purchase a pedometer with good quality which will record all steps and all calories that are burn. In that way you will be able to control your achievements, as well as boosting the weight loss process.
Here, we are also going to present you some tips which will help you in making your routine more interesting and exciting.
Here they are:
- Listen to your favorite music that will help you by motivating you to keep walking;
- Another thing to do is to change your routine and walk in some different parks, areas and neighborhoods;
- Once or twice a week, while you are walking, invite some of your friends to join you. In that way you will be avoiding it to become a boring daily task;
- You should change the track constantly, as well as enjoy new sites while you are taking a walk. This will make your walks an interesting journey in nature;
- When the weather is cold outside, you can purchase a treadmill and watch a movie or maybe your favorite TV series while you are walking.
Even though every person knows how to walk, some certain tips on the style will actually boost the effects of the exercise. With your chin up, you should concentrate your eyes 100 feet forward. In that way, you will have your abdomen tighten in the same direction with the spine and also squeeze the gluts. The impacts will be significantly improved in this way.
When we are talking about how much is enough, every person should consult their doctor. The doctor can actually tell them if their body is healthy for such type of exercise and it will also advise them on how much is actually needed, but not more than enough for sure.
First of all, you should start walking for about 15 to 20 minutes three times a week. As the days pass, gradually raise the routine. The optimal condition is having the ability to walk for about 30 to 60 minutes every day of the week. In this way, everyone will use walking for achieving some amazing effects in a completely natural way, as well as without any strict diets.