Epsom salt is magnesium sulfate, a compound rich in minerals and used for various purposes, beauty, health improvement, but above all, it has strong therapeutic properties.
Due to this ability to relax, relieve stress, it is an ideal supplement to relaxing baths that you can afford at home. However, is it recommended for pregnant women?
Women in pregnancy go through various conditions and moods. Their great joy is equivalent to their concerns that they encounter for the first time. All this is stress for the body and can harm both mother and child. Here are a few ways that, with the help of Epsom salts, the pregnancy can pass with less stress and nervousness as possible.
What does Epsom Salt do for you during pregnancy?
We have already mentioned the enormous therapeutic effects of this sulfate, and here are the points where it mainly operates:
- Helps in the elimination of pain, which is significant in pregnancy when painkillers are not around. During bathing, it releases the ions of magnesium that directly affect the brain’s pain receptors and act as a remedy.
- Reduces stress caused by pregnancy and gives a sense of relaxation. It is recommended for bathing before bed because will provide a quiet sleep for pregnant women . Magnesium sulfate releases the hormone of happiness – serotonin, all that women need in these days.
- It is a natural laxative, and if it is not recommended to swallow salt during pregnancy, it’s enough to lie in the bathtub for half an hour a day. They also help with another significant problem, hemorrhoids. Salt is an anti-toxin, pure toxin from the rectum and prevents swelling and an unpleasant feeling.
- It relieves the feeling of constant nausea. That is the most common problem in the first few months of pregnancy when it is recommended to use Epsom Salt baths.
- Regulate blood circulation and reduce swelling in the last months of pregnancy. Magnesium sulfate, in addition to being an anti-inflammatory, also prevents excessive fluid retention in the body. Put your feet in lukewarm water with Epsom salt; it is a good feeling.
- Significant impacts on the stretch marks and preventively reduce the possibility of their formation. Sulfate acts as a skin scrub, it hydrates and makes it softer. Also due to its anti-inflammatory effects, pregnant women can use it for face and acne that appear in these few months.
- Reduces the risk of premature birth. Another magic power of magnesium is that it regulates the level of calcium in the uterus, which in large quantities causes contractions and premature births.
A few tips on how to use Epsom salts during pregnancy
Use it together with a Baking Soda
Gather and use: Pour two cups of salt and two cups of Soda into the bath in the already prepared warm water. In the bathtub spend at most 30 minutes with the relaxation and occasionally grinding the mixture into your skin. Repeat 3 to 4 times a week.
Effects: Makes a skin and hair smooth and shiny. Help with detoxification.
Epsom salt and Apple Cider Vinegar
Preparation and use: Two cups of salt, two cups of apple cider vinegar and a little bit of essential oil, dip in a warm water bath. Scrub it into your skin slowly. Relax. Bathing should take up to 30 minutes, up to 4 times a week.
Effects: It calms the irritated skin. The hair gives an extraordinary shine.
Taking and using: As in the previous, two cups of salt and vinegar in a warm water bath, but this time, add 20 drops of lavender oil. In half-hour bathing, relax with occasional massage for your skin, 3 to 4 times a week.
Effects: It has a relaxing effect and relieves stress. Allows a better sleep; It’s excellent for detoxication.
We hope that tips for using Epsom salts during your pregnancy are helpful. Salts are perfect friends of women in this period. Do they help? Surely. However, any overuse can lead to some unpleasant effects, so do not overdo it. Use this bath up to 4 times a week and hold on to the mentioned recipes. Consuming salt is not recommended. If you experience any drastic changes or allergic reactions, it is best to contact your doctor.