The Standard American Diet is all about junk food, as well as processed and genetically modified foods, which can cause countless problems to our body and health.
Instead of nutrients, this type of diet also contains a lot of damaging ingredients, which affect the pH balance in the body.
While the environment of the body should be alkaline, eating such unhealthy foods makes it acidic.
Therefore, it is more vulnerable to disease since the immunity is seriously weakened.
So, in order to improve your overall health, you will have to increase the consumption of alkalizing foods.
Here are the top 5 alkaline foods that you can eat:
1. Olive oil
This oil is super rich in vitamin E, as well as monounsaturated fatty acids.
Melons are not only helpful in cleansing the colon, but they are also extremely alkaline, as they have pH level 8.5. Furthermore, watermelons are high in fiber and consist 92% of water.
3. Flax seeds
Flax seeds are high in vitamin E and fiber. They also have the ability to alkalize the body, soothe inflammation, as well as lower hot flashes in menopause.
4. Swiss chard
This one has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties. It can also prevent damage which is caused by free radicals.
Buckwheat is great for eating at breakfast, as it energizes your body, as well as prevents cardiovascular diseases.
Here is a list of 20 other alkalizing foods that you should eat more often:
- Carrots – they are high in beta-carotene and improve eyesight;
- Mango – it cleanses the colon;
- Sauerkraut – rich in probiotics;
- Pineapple – it helps in losing weight;
- Cucumber – it moisturizes the skin, as well as keeps the body hydrated and helps skin health;
- Grapefruit – great source of many vitamins;
- Parsley – cleanses the intestines;
- Quinoa – it regulates the sugars in the blood;
- Berries – they are rich source of antioxidants;
- Papaya – it acts as a laxative and cleanses the colon;
- Avocado – it is high in healthy monounsaturated fats which support heart health;
- Ripe bananas – they are amazing healthy super foods;
- Brussels sprouts – they can prevent cancer;
- Alfalfa sprouts – they balance hormones, provide enzymes and are easy to digest;
- Garlic – it has a lot of health properties, and one of them is blood pressure control;
- Steamed broccoli – reduces cholesterol;
- Seaweeds – they are rich in iron and alkalize the body;
- Grapes – they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins and also lower the blood pressure;
- Spinach – it has the highest amount of vitamins;
- Lemons – they are rich in vitamin C, as well as fight the flu, colds, and cough.